About my department of Waseda University

     Hi!! Summer is finishing, and season of Halloween is coming!!!🎃 Today, I'm writing blog about my faculty in English. So, I'm glad if you read this and improve your motivations and skills of English!!!

     I enrolled in Waseda University, Faculty of Education, department of English Language and Literature in 2021. When I was a freshman, almost half of the classes were given on online, but there are many face to face classes in 2022! So, now you may have a lot of chances to make new friends in classes!! 

     In my department, you can learn linguistics and American or English literature. You surely don't know about linguistics, do you? In linguistics class, you can learn how languages are classified, or how you make sound of words and pronounce it. Here, I will give the example of the question given in my linguistics class. I will write the answer in the last of this blog. 

     Which language has the most number of native speaker? /①English ②Spanish ③Chinese ④Japanese/ 

     In literature class, you can know about history of literature, character of person, and about literature itself. When I was a freshman, in American literature class, I gave 90 minutes grope presentation which I thought was too hard for me. It was tough challenge, but it was a good opportunity to improve my presentation skill. Also, the class made progress by students, so I can actively worked on and enjoyed the class.

     How do you think about occupation of graduates? In my department, IT is the job which the most number of student choose to join, 22% of graduates get a job in IT business. Most of students dislike to be a teacher despite they are in Education faculty in Waseda... I'm sure that each student are likely to get a job which they become interested in while they live exciting life. 

     University has various people. Some focus on studying what they are interested in and others enjoy university life. I think communicating to both of them have good effects on your life in the future because you can know new dimension of society. What I want to say is that experience you will have in university is magnificent!!! So, please study hard before enter the university, and enjoy your university life!


     The answer of question is ③. English has the most speaker but fewer native speaker than Chinese. More than half is the second language speaker. 

注釈:faculty-学部 department-学科


==================================
河合塾マナビス大井町校
〒140-0014
東京都品川区大井1-10-3 ボード大井町ビル6階
TEL:03-5718-7099
FAX:03-3773-0404
==================================

コメント

人気の投稿